Sunday, August 18, 2013

Horrible kidney stones. Great hospital.

So yesterday I woke up for work with a pain in my lower right side. It was a stabbing pain that I could not bare. When the second cook arrived I clocked out because we werent very busy at all. I went to my tent and laid down, only to wake up 4 hours later to the worst pain I ever felt in my life.
      After googling my symptoms I had a strong inclination that I was having appendix problems. I told the owner of the lodge about this. He was nice enough to drive me an hour away to the hospital in Soldotna.
     The hospital was staffed with very nice people. They gave me an I.v. took some blood and did some tests. The doctor came back in and said I had kidney stones. I was in the wost pain I had ever experienced in my life. The doctor ordered some pain killers via iv and wrote me a prescription for painkillers for when I left till the stone passed. The pharmacy didn't open till 9 and the pain was so unbearable the doc said I could stay and they would medicate me until I could get to a pharmacy to fill my prescription.
When I was released I went outside to meet Keith who had camped out in the van all night, and we went to Fred Meyer to fill my perscription.  Hopefully this stone passes tonight because its very painfull and I have to work at 7:30 am

No comments:

Post a Comment