Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The search for work

Later that day after installing the kitchen floor I came to realise that the situation was serious I only had $300 dollers left in wallet, I got ripped off from some old guy who I was supposed to be working with all season.  I had no job, and no place to really go. I had to do something, and I had to do it very fast.  I turned to the same website that I found my first fishing job on, Craigslist. 
     I found a listing for another commercial fishing job in Kenai only a few miles from Lloyds house.  I called the number posted on the listing and I asked for "nate" when Nathan answered I told him what happened and that I had some experiance. That's one thing you can't get robbed of from your employer experiance. I told Nathan that I knew how to pick fish tie knots, set nets , pick them and work long hours . I also told him I had a friend with me with the same experiance and we were a package deal. The pay was 8% of the catch I told him he could have both of us for 10% of the catch. He graciously accepted our offer and 2 hours later we were on our way to Kenai from anchorage we slept at a pull off along the highway that night and arrived at around 9 am the following morning where I met Nathan and his cousin Justice who was also helping Nathan and had been since the beginning of the fishing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment